Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Skyway View of Fantasyland 1959 Part 1

A lovely Skyway view of Fantasyland. The photographer was very technically proficient with some nice views. First up is a view of the Mad Tea Party with the Fantasyland Theater and Welch's Juice bar in the background.

Next up is everyone's favorite Pirate Ship without the lovely theming. I love the multi colors of the umbrellas for the tables.

A view of the entrance to Story Book Land with a rare view of the Fantasyland Train Station in the background.

Final view is my favorite, an overhead view of Alice in Wonderland. The caterpillar cars moving around on the track make for an interesting image. Also notice the end of the green slurry in the lower right hand corner. At this time, the Omnibus would travel around the Matterhorn and not just stop at the Hub.

8 comments:

Snow White Archive said...

One of the rules of photography and/or video is if you want to create a dynamic image, place your camera at a different angle than what we humans are used to seeing in the everyday world. These are certainly some DYNAMIC shots!

Connie Moreno said...

Oh no! I can't view the pictures! All I see are blank squares and when I click on them, I get a message saying the link is broken.
boohoo!!!!

Major Pepperidge said...

These are great, and I agree, the last one is the very best!

Katella Gate said...

@Connie: I had the same problem. Just reload the page and the graphics will come up properly.

Stunning photos. The colors are just awesome, even if the teacup turntables are a little grubby.

Anonymous said...

No luck in getting the pictures up despite several tries.

Matterhorn1959 said...

Pictures are showing up again...I have had intermittent issues with my server. Thanks for your patience!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Stunning indeed - wow! These are some of the best "pre-skullrock" pics of this area that I've ever seen - WOW!

Connie Moreno said...

Came back today to try gain. WOW WOW WOW! Gorgeous!!!!