Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Story Book and Tomorrowland 1959

First up is a nice shot of Casey Junior steaming through Story Book. In the background is the lovely Cinderella Castle.

A rarely seen view of Pinocchio's village with the three Old Mills in the background.

Next up is Tomorrowland with the exciting, thrilling and dangerous Motor Boat Cruise. I hope the riders are being careful and prepared.

The last image is of course my favorite, an early picture of the Matterhorn. A lucky shot as two bobsleds can be seen. The bobsleds are wonderfully colored rather than the boring white the bobsleds are painted today.


Connie Moreno said...

Great shots, especially that Matterhorn shot! I wonder if that was just a lucky click of the shutter or if the photographer snapped several trying to catch that moment?

JG said...

What a treat to see Storybook Land and from such great vistas, thank you!

I'll be back to study these more closely.

I rode that dangerous motorboat ride in my misspent youth, I credit it with the precursors of my gray hairs.

Two bobsleds and no waterfall? Another California drought...


Major Pepperidge said...

Photo #2 is fantastic - I've never seen a picture taken from that vantage point!