Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Jungle Cruise Gets Some Respect

It has been a while since I posted Jungle Cruise photographs. The Jungle Cruise is still one of my favorite attractions. I love how the jungle envelopes you and you do believe you are on a trip lasting days (and with some of the Jungle Cruise guides I have had, it really did seem like days!) The first image is the set piece seen from the dock, a native boat and hut in the middle of a peaceful lagoon.

The next is the Cambodian statue that is overgrown with a tree. I believe this was removed during the rehab when the Indiana Jones attraction was built.

Finally one of my favorite scenes, a hungry, hungry hippo. Look at the left side of the photograph on the rock and you will see a photographer taking a photo. I wonder how he got there? Or if he was taking a photo for a postcard?

4 comments:

Katella Gate said...

Everytime I see photos of the old Jungle Cruise, I remember the Disney album narrated by Thurl Ravenscroft ...

"Now python-like banyans grip this stone face in a living vice."

(Supply your own sultry underscore in the style of Camarata)

Major Pepperidge said...

I always loved that Cambodian head! I wonder what else was lost when Indy went in?

outsidetheberm said...

A photographer lost in the artificial African wilderness. He's so doomed.

Great shot.

cruise ship jobs said...

Those were awesome jungle cruise pictures. It kinda reminds me of the movie Tarzan and Jurassic Park. I am a bit terrified of the jungle but it seems to be a peaceful place to rest at for a few nights. Of course with a jungle expert or something.