Friday, March 06, 2009

Souvenir Friday- Cast Member Club Patches

Like any other large employer of the time period, Disneyland had (and still has) an active recreation department. The department sponsors sports teams, dance clubs, trips and more. Here are some patches created for some of the various cast member clubs. The first is one of my favorites.

The next is a more modern patch for the Maintenance Division.

Another favorite and one I have had for many years is the Disneyland Ski Club. I love the Castle and Matterhorn on the patch.

3 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

Ah yes, I know these clubs well. I haven't been recording information about the clubs for the thesaurus as I go through the Lines--there are just too many pages of that every week from the 1970s Lines! The Ski Club one is very nice.

outsidetheberm said...

It's great that you have a collection of these! They're so hard to find. Love the Trap & Skeet. Fantastic.

Major Pepperidge said...

I wonder if any of these clubs still exist, given the fast turnover and low morale?