Saturday, March 21, 2009

Frankenstein's Photo Gallery Movieland Wax Museum

A great idea in the early years of operation of the Movieland Wax Museum was to have lucky kids pose with the Frankenstein monster and have their picture taken. The Frankenstein monster wax figure looks dead on to the Boris Karloff characterization of the 1930s. I am sure kids then took the picture home and put them with their Aurora monster models. The reverse has nice advertising for the attraction. One of my favorite tag lines is Actual Movie Lights-Scenes- Props. Movie lights being the first and most prominent item.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know Movie Land just closed? (Just as in like 2 years ago)...I went the final week.

And took a picure like this...with....wait for it.....
George Burns!

Kinda awesome.

I wonder what happens to all the amazing movie lights now???

Major Pepperidge said...

My brother was smart, he had his picture taken with Frankenstein's Monster back in the 70's. I remember that Frankie was missing a few fingers, they were probably snapped off and kept as souvenirs!!

outsidetheberm said...

Actual movie lights! Can it be true?

Nice piece. I don't recall seeing that wording on these before.

As much as I miss seeing the place close, the liquidation auction was a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I never did visit MWM. I now live only a couple of miles from there, and get a little sad when I pass the closed-down building. Until I pull in to the parking lot and grab a cuppa joe from the Starbucks out front...

Unknown said...

I collect these images. If anyone decides to sell these, please let me know.