Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Walt Disney and Family on Vacation 1948

Straying a bit from the Disneyland theme is the neat collection of items related to a Hawaiian trip that Walt Disney and his family took in 1948. The original owner of this group was lucky enough to be on the same Matson Cruise Lines ship, the SS Lurline at the same time that Walt, Lillian, Sharon and Diane were cruising to Hawaii. The original owner ended up with a great image of Walt at leisure surrounded by his family. A letter sent to the original owner includes some comments about Walt and his family in the fourth paragraph.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Very nice candid image of Walt and Family. I have some old menus from the Matson Cruise Lines, with beautiful 40's-era illustrations showing the history of Hawaii

Unknown said...

Hello! My name is Gavin and I am an 8th grade student. I am working on a presentation about Walt Disney for my class and I would really like to use your picture of Walt and his family in my presentation. I will credit your photo properly and ask that you grant me permission to use it. Your photo will not be used anywhere else, just for one day, in class, during my presentation.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible!

Gavin

Please contact me at rayray349597@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!