Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Snow White's Wishing Well

I am back from a quick trip to California. I purchased some more images and some more slides to show in the upcoming weeks. Today's post is back to the sign fanatics collection showing two views of Snow White's Wishing Well. The well's proceeds from everyone tossing money and wishing were given to the Variety Club to assist children all over the world. Even today the money raised by the wishing well is given to charity. The detail on the sign is fantastic with stylized squireels at the top and on the well the ends of the beams are carved owls. The well has always been one of my favorite locations in Disneyland. The next time you go, stop by Snow White's well and make a wish, it may come true.

7 comments:

Daveland said...

what a cool sign! interesting that the well seems to be virtually the same, but the sign is gone.

Michelf said...

As a Southern California native, I've been to "Dinnelan" many a time growing up. The Wishing Well is one of my favorite spots in the park and there's something I've done there nearly every time I've gone since I was 9.

((Since I have an Annual Pass now there have been times when we got to the park to late and the castle was closed off to get ready for fireworks, thus keeping me from doing it.)

Here it is.

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I love the details.

Michelle...wonderful video. Good timing on that one!

kurtisaurus said...

Michelle, that was awesome :)

Matterhorn1959, where do you buy these slides and pix from? Do people sell off their family photos somewhere? These pictures are amazing and I've always wondered where you pick them up.

-Kurt

Chris Merritt said...

Great sign shot! I've not seen that before....

Anonymous said...

I love the Wishing Well. I am an Annual Passport holder and a Socal Native,and there is nothing better than walking by the well with your loved one.

I now find the Wishing Well to be even more perfect because my boyfriend asked me to be his wife there on Oct 30, 2007...I of course said Yes!!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Great story Danielle- congratulations.