Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Walt and Nature's Wonderland Models

Continuing on with photos of Walt and various models are two images of some of the Nature'w Wonderland models at the WED Model shop. The top shows the spouting geysers in the Rainbow Desert portion of the ride. I love the use of cotton to simulate the blowing steam from the geyser. I am not sure who the gentleman showing the model is, maybe Chris can help me here?

The next image shows Walt with a mock up of one of the Beavers from Beaver Valley. Unfortunately this photo was damaged years ago, giving Walt a spotted look. It is still nice to see him interacting with his toys. Also I like seeing Walt wearing his Smoke House Tree ranch ties.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the model series, Patrick - keep it up!

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't give to be able to walk around that room in the first photo. You can just see the Cascade Peak model in the background, what unseen marvels might be in the room??

Anonymous said...

That beaver looks so real! I love the Smoke Tree Ranch pin he used to wear. I thought it was cool that he showed a bit of his personal likes (away from the studio) in that manner.

Chris Merritt said...

That's Bill Martin in the first shot!

Anonymous said...

Smoke Tree Ranch. The Smoke House has great garlic cheese bread, but is in Burbank, not Palm Springs. ;-)