Sunday, December 31, 2006

More Disneyland Models

The first photograph is of Walt Disney holding a model of a Jungle Cruise launch with the concept artwork for the entrance to Adventureland in the background and some African masks anf an elepahnt model sitting on the shelf. I believe this image is from Disneyland: A Progress Report/Natures Half Acre shown on television in 1955.

The second image is of the iconic Disneyland model, Sleeping Beauty Castle. It appears the model was used to promote the Disneyland Television Show in ABC Channel 7 in Los Angeles. I believe this photograph may have been taken at a convention or maybe even the Los Angeles County Fair. The map in the background is a nice touch. This model has appeared in various retrospective museum shows.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same Castle Model currently on display at the Main Street Opera House? Again - fantastic photos. Love the model shots!

Anonymous said...

Very nice....I'm going to have to do some digging, I have some slides from the '64 World's Fair, and among them is an image of toy-like Disney characters in front of a model of the Disneyland castle. In my memory it looks a bit different from this model, but it will be interesting to compare.

Matterhorn1959 said...

Dave- I believe this is the same castle model. It has been restored, actually it was restored for the Architecture of Reassurance exhibit in the mid 1990s.

DisneyDutchman said...

Happy New Year Matterhorn!!! Thanks again for all of your hard work in your blog. We all love it!!DD

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Patrick, Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

A little Walt to conclude the year. So great!
Happy New Year to you! :D Thanks for all the great work you do!

Chris Merritt said...

Great stuff as always Patrick - Happy New Year to all!

Anonymous said...

I really like this castle. It could really come in handy for our national history day project. You see we are doing an exhibit on Walt Disney and we built a "Disneyland" diorama, even if it looks nothing like disneyland. Anyways I'm gonna try and rebuild it, but there seems to be no instructions or anything. But I really like this, Walt Disney is my idol, which is why me and my friend chose him

Anonymous said...

wow its a nice model. looking great

john

Free Satellite TV