Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Crystal Arcade Main Street Late 1950s

Continuing on yesterdays thoughts, here is the Crystal Arcade on Main Street. The entrance to a shopping area, the interior is seen on Major Pepperidges Gorillas Don't Blog post number 2. This was one of only a few shopping locations with the other buildings being filled with a musical instrument display, general store display, pharmacy display, lock display and even the Wizard of Bras was a display on the history of bras! What is really interesting is that on the right hand side is the start of the Upjohn Pharmaceutical display on the right hand side. I have added close ups of both of the windows. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I love these details of the Main Street shops in so many of your slides. So that interior I had on my blog is from the Crystal Arcade, I would have never guessed!

thepicklebarrel said...

that's incredible! who wouldda thunk it?