Tuesday, December 02, 2014

A Visit to the Tahitian Terrace

Today's image is a visit to the Tahitian Terrace and one of the main reasons I purchased this slide collection. The first two images are portraits of the couples who visited Disneyland together. Some items I like about the pictures, the lamp cover, the guest in the back wearing sunglasses, the drink in the wicker holder which I assume is how the Planters Punch Tahitian was served, the lovely dress worn by the waitress and the covering is the same as those used for the Tiki Room pre-show lanai.

This slide was dark and murky and in lightening it up some color and definition was lost.

The last image is of the entertainment for diners. The stage is fantastic with some great red highlights on the water giving off a hint of lava.

5 comments:

MRaymond said...

That brought back some childhood memories. The Tahitian Terrace was my grandfathers favorite restaurant and it was a 'must do' when he went with us. Heaven forbid that a dancer pulled him on stage. I wish I had video...

Nanook said...

These images definitely bring back memories; especially when my dad was "invited" on stage to "perform". Thanks for sharing these images.

You may want to correct (at least) the first two images - as they are most-assuredly flopped).

Matterhorn1959 said...

Hi Nanook- I will correct them now that I look at the original slides, I had flopped them. What I want to know is how you knew they were flopped....

Nanook said...

'Cause the dude's shirt pocket was on the right - which would be odd for a shirt with only one pocket - but, it's always possible. But then looking carefully at both images, you can see his shirt buttoning right over left - instead of left over right. That cinched it. Again - thanks for posting all of these images.

Matterhorn1959 said...

Nanook- photographs have been flipped. Thanks.