Thursday, April 04, 2013

Final Three Artistic Images

The last three images from the collection of photographs I have been running the last week or so. The photographer definitely liked unusual angles and I appreciate his eye. First up is a shot of the Tomorrowland Terrace stage. I do not know which band is playing, but it does bring me back to the Have A Nice Day kind of feeling.

Next up is a view of the mighty sailing ship Columbia as she docks. Note the lovely Matterhorn in the background.

Final image is of the cartoon style posters used to promote the Golden Horseshoe Review. I have very strong memories of looking at these when I visited Disneyland in the 1970s and 1980s. I think I enjoyed these as they look like classic Sunday pages from Alex Raymond, Burne Hogarth or Milton Caniff.

3 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

What a great angle on the Tomorrowland Terrace stage!

K. Martinez said...

I agree with Major! Awesome shot of the Tomorrowland Terrace stage. I really enjoyed your artistic batch. Thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

Loved the Tomorrowland of Yesteryear. A great 'you-are-there' shot. And I was hoping that I might be the guy in the Columbia picture. Looks about the right timeframe. Loved operating that boat.