Saturday, June 18, 2011

Alice at Santa's Village and One of My Favorite Rides

A mixed couple of images. First up is the Alice In Wonderland attraction that once stood at the Santa's Village in Sky Forest. Notice the sign with the great elf figure as well as the hand painted heart shaped signs on the walkway.

Next up is a picture of my favorite amusement park ride, the Whip. I love the feeling of sliding through the corners. I believe I have the same expression on my face when I ride a whip.

4 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

LOL that was great. I love the Whip, too!

Major Pepperidge said...

Both pictures are great! That must be the smallest version of the Whip I've ever seen!

annielizabeth said...

Hi Matterhorn! I found you while on a google image search of an original nickelodeon machine. Wow, you have put together allot of info here; what a trip down memory lane! Is the 1959 part the 1st year you visited the park or your birth year by chance? If so we are the same age. I grew up in Whittier and when I was in high school we used to go to DL when it was raining because the park was practically empty, it was so cool. My first trip to DL was in '64 and the only ride I would go on was the carousel. My dad begged me to go on more but I wouldn't (scared-y cat, me); all I wanted and then kept for years, was a Minnie Mouse hat. I loved that thing. I sure had some great times at DL. Lucky to have been a kid back then and to have lived so close to it. Thanks for these amazing pix and sharing 'em. I'll be back!

Matterhorn1959 said...

Annie- Thanks for the comment. The 1959 part is for the year the Matterhorn attraction opened.