Thursday, June 16, 2011

1966 Views Along the River

Some nice views taken from the Mark Twain of scenes along the Rivers of America. A couple of the views are no longer in existence. First up is a quick shot of two deer coming down to the river to drink the water.

Next up are three views that no longer exist. First up is a view of the burning settler's cabin along with the dead settler in the foreground.

Next up is a continuation of the dead theme once seen on the river, an Indian burial pyre.

Final view is of the the Three Sisters falls.

3 comments:

Thufer said...

I just love old B&W captures along the River's' of America.

Connie Moreno said...

Not too long ago while my son and I were on the Mark Twain, I commented about "how cool" the dead settler was when I was young. The look on his face was priceless as he said, "That's crazy!"

Still not sure if he meant me or the story...LOL.

Major Pepperidge said...

Those deer are smoking cigarettes, see how guilty they look?