Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ricky in Frontierland and Adventureland

The other two photographs from my trip to California. I was hoping the Adventureland one was in better focus, but no such luck. It still is a nice image showing the early Polynesian decor purchased from either Eli Hedley or Oceanic Arts. In Denver I have found a shield that is similar to the one on the post. I believe it was used at a restaurant located here and was made and sold by Oceanic Arts.

The second image is of the swinging bridge over the lagoon on Tom Sawyer's Island. The kid running back to his parents appears to be holding one of the maps.

8 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

These are a great set, even with the focus out a little on some. "Oceanic Arts" cool name! Nice (and rare) shot of Mineral Hall in yesterdays post. Thanks for sharing these. Welcome back!

Major Pepperidge said...

Love the shingle detail on the roof of that shack! It looks appropriately "back woodsy".

So, you said you found that shield, but did you buy it? ;-)

Matterhorn1959 said...

I found and purchased the shield. It is hanging in my tiki room.

Katella Gate said...

If you So Cal residence haven't taken a day off: look up Oceanic Arts in the phone book and visit them! They have a warehouse full of Jungle Cruse-style stuff and it's not to be missed. Best of all, admission's free and the goodies are for sale.

Katella Gate said...

... sorry residents ...

Chris Jepsen said...

Yes, I think everything on that fence is from Oceanic Arts. Bob and Leroy rock!

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

Yep, Oceanic Arts is awesome! The last time I was there they had some nice WDW Polynesian Resort style signs available. Replacements for signs that they had originally created for the resort in the 70's.

Kicking myself still for not buying them for my Tiki collection.

Web Design Company said...

I liked your blog its good keep it up nice work!