Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Disneyland Steamship Company

A very rare view of the Mark Twain dock with the ticket booth out front. I have never seen the sign posted at the top of the booth with Disneyland Steamship Co. and the nice painting of the Mark Twain. I would guess that in 1958 the sign was changed with the addition of the Columbia docking at the same location. The costume the employee is wearing is very nice with a Captains hat badge. The kid in front is the stereotypical red headed child of the 1950s. Daveland avert your eyes from the right part of the image as there is a stroller approaching and I don't want to scare you too much.

Since I like each and every one of my readers, here is a close up image of the sign.

7 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I want that sign! Neat detail, I'll have to look at some of my old photos. I don't even remember seeing the ticket booth itself.

thepicklebarrel said...

cool....i've seen the booth but dont remember that sign. neat!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

WOW, I don't recall seeing that sign or that ticket booth before, SWEET!!!! Great image, you know that kids name has got to be "Rusty"!!! Thanks for the post!

Richard Harrison said...

Sweet! What a great shot; like the rest, I've never seen this detail item.

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Perfect picture. Great booth.

jedblau said...

Great shot!

daytrippingmom said...

Certainly appears to be a happier, simpler time.