Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Thunderbird Midway Car Ride

This slide also comes from the collection of various locations. I believe it is somewhere in California. I remember going to various school carnivals as a kid and even as a teenager, but never saw any ride like this one. A fairly elaborate car ride with great Ford Thunderbird style vehicles. Also the operator has added realistic touches with the broken down vehicle as well as gas station signs.


Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, I love vintage photos of little carnivals and amusement parks, and this is a great picture. These little cars aren't that different from Autopia cars!!

I know this could be anywhere, including California, but for some reason I get a "midwest" vibe! Maybe because it reminds me of where my grandparents lived in Minnesota.

Chris Merritt said...

The "World's Cleanest Midway"!

Yeah, right.

Jeff said...

Actually, the phrase World's Cleanest Midway is a pretty good clue on finding out more: that was the slogan of King Reid Shows.
A link to
says that they operated in New England and Canada.