Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Geisha and Dining at Japanese Village and Deer Park

Another souvenir slide showing part of the Japanese Village and Deer Park theme park. In the foreground, a Geisha girl in her kimono and parasol poses for the photographer surrounded by black swans and peacocks. In the background, park patrons enjoy a meal of teriyaki beef and chicken yakitori on the outside terrace. I do not believe that sushi was available, but it might have been. I am sure some kids tried the exotic Japanese foods, but more probably ate hamburgers (maybe with a grilled pineapple on top!) or hot dogs.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I'm sure you're right, this was long before the average American would eat sushi. Teriyaki could have been on the menu though. I miss the gentle fun of Japanese Village.

TokyoMagic! said...

I also miss this park, as well as the other smaller amusement attractions that So Cal used to have.