Friday, January 16, 2015

Souvenir Friday- Casa Mexicana Serving Tray

I have always collected items from the many Disneyland restaurants. Several of the restaurants are a buffeteria style with guests ordering their items and carrying the food on trays. The trays are big and some have unique graphics for the restaurant. In the mid-1990s, many of the trays went to a generic, non-identified tray with no graphics. Disneyland then sold off the trays to the cast members via the boneyard sales Disneyland used to hold yearly. I was able to purchase several of the restaurant specific trays. This is from one of my favorite childhood restaurants, Casa Mexicana. This restaurant was our late lunch spot and I can remember going through the lines and receiving my Mexican food on a similar tray.

2 comments:

K. Martinez said...

Wow!! What a cool find. I love collecting the restaurant stuff too. I have an Adventureland Veranda serving tray from Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, which was my favorite place to eat there back in the 1970's.

Major Pepperidge said...

I can't help wondering what amazing treasures were sold off in those "boneyard sales". Man, I'll bet there was some great stuff.