Friday, December 23, 2011

Souvenir Friday- Celebrity Lanes Celebrity Room Menu

Ever since I moved to Denver I have been looking hard for items from Celebrity Lanes. I have found several items, a couple of patches from the model car raceway, matchbooks, ashtrays and even a glass from the bowling league. This menu was a particularly nice find. I believe this is from the early 1960s. The Celebrity Room was a high end restaurant, serving Lobster, Duck and more. In reading this menu, I have always wondered what would happen if you went into a restaurant as a single diner and ordered the Chateaubriand for two? Would they serve it to you or refuse to serve the dinner?

Now to find some photographs and some operating procedures for Celebrity Lanes.

5 comments:

walterworld said...

I've always enjoyed the look and layout of the 50's - 60's bowling alleys. Have you posted pictures of the Lanes themselves earlier?

Thanks for sharing. I'll have the GOLDEN FRIED FANTAIL SHRIMP and a Whiskey Sour. Should be about $5 with a tip...

MIKE COZART said...

Patrick--when did Disney begin ownership of this place? And when did they let it go?? Or is this even the same place as Celbrity Sports Center?

Major Pepperidge said...

Bowling alley stuff is AWESOME

JG said...

Wow, that rocks. Now I'm hungry.

I miss menus like this.

JG

Anonymous said...

Walt Disney built the place, with Burl Ives and Bing Crosby. In the 50's or 60's. It closed around 1995.