Friday, November 19, 2010

Souvenir Friday- Key Holders

During the early 1960s, Disneyland gave out cards which allowed entrance to Disneyland. The cards were named keys. The keys ranged from Main Gate, Silver to Gold. As part of the presentation, the keys were given out in folders. First up is the Main Gate Key folder. The Main Gate key allowed entrance to Disneyland, but did not include any ticket books. I believe most employees as well as other employees of suppliers were given these keys.

The next level was Silver which included ticket books such as the 10 adventure ticket books. This key was given out to more senior employees as well as to higher level suppliers and friends of Disneyland.

Final one is the Gold Key which was given to dignitaries, movie stars, Governors and even Presidents. The key allowed larger ticket books such as the 15 adventure tikcet books.

All of these folders were purchased years ago when a dealer showed up at one of the NFFC shows and was selling of a collection of tickets used as examples by a long term Main Gate employee.

5 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

Wow, how cool! I never knew about those.

jedblau said...

Boy, I remember the day these showed up. Ordinary and polite Disneyland fans turned into rabid animals. Great day, though. Most of the stuff that showed up that Sunday I've never seen again.

Katella Gate said...

Beautiful graphics. It's not just nostalgia, I really think graphic arts in the early 60's understood what made for a good illustration: Keep it flat, keep it simple.

Thanks for sharing P.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

WOW!!!! I've never seen these!

On the Gold one, I believe the cutout was to show the Castle on the Pass, I have a gold pass from 1962 that seems like it would fit perfectly. I'm saving that pass to post on my 1000th post!

The Gold Pass states it admits the bearer and FIVE guests, plus tickets book - NICE~!

These are awesome! Thanks for posting them.

Major Pepperidge said...

I like that they wrote "Gold", in case they didn't know what color that big key was.