Thursday, December 29, 2005

Natures Wonderland Train at Loading Station 1970


Today's image is of the Natures Wonderland train at the loading station. It appears this train set is on the side track and not in use. This afforded the photographer plenty of time to take this wonderful image of the cars. I love how each train car was named for a part of the ride...Saguaro Forest, Bear Country, etc. Also, this is a great view of the little mining town of Rainbow Ridge and how close you used to be able to get to the town. Image is from a Kodachrome slide marked April 1970.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I can tell you that the train was a joy to operate. Yes, this particular one is located on the spur.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome--thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

wow its a nice train. i want to go there.

john

Connie Moreno said...

Gosh, I know I rode it and yet I have no recollection of actually BOARDING it!